Aico EI129 Switched Input Module
The EI129 is a Switched Input Module, designed fro linking from any volt-free closing contacts (e.g. sprinkler systems, fire alarm panels etc.) to trigger 2100, 160RC, 140RC and 260RC Series Smoke, Heat and CO Alarms.
In the event of mains failure, the Switched Input Module will automatically switch to its built-in rechargeable back-up which the cells can power the unit for up to 2 months.
Features and Benefits
- The EI129 runs on 230V mains power and has a tamper-proof battery back-up powered by a rechargeable Lithium battery in the event of power failure.
- The module has a set of Volt Free contact (normally open and normally closed) as standard
- The module can be configured to give a 230V output using an external 24V supply
- Any combination of up to 12 units, including a relay can be interconnected
- This module will fit underneath any smoke or heat alarm
- There are additional trunking knock-outs to make wiring easy
- When the unit receives a signal from the alarms system the relay contacts cause a signal to be sent to the connected device
- If the unit is modified for a 230V or 24V output it can operate a range of different devices
- When any of the interconnected alarms sound the signal will cause the relay contacts to switch.
- 230V mains power is used to run the unit
- Tamper proof Lithium battery acts as back-up should the mains power fail
- Rechargeable lithium battery has a ten-year life and should outlast the life of the module
- The battery will power the unit for up to two months in the event of power failure
- When the unit receives a signal from an interconnected smoke, heat or CO alarm it will begin operation
- Any combination 2100, 160RC, 140 or 260 units (up to 12 units when EI129 counts as one unit) can be interconnected
- This module is designed to fit beneath one of the above alarms.
- If a unit is required to be sited remotely on the 260 series
- More than one relay unit can be used in any system providing the total number of units does not exceed 12 (each EI129 counts as 1 unit)
- The EI129 is fitted with a 3-way connector block to ensure ease of wiring
- This relay can be set for either continuous or pulse output by use of a manual switch.
- When in pulse operation the contracts will reset to their original state after 5 seconds
- The unit is suitable for surface or recess mounting using the 3 x 25mm trunking knockouts plus a centre knockout for recess wiring
135mm diameter x 20mm depth