Fike Conventional Fire Beam Detector 5-40m
Up until now, aligning an optical beam could well have been a nightmare, often giving uncertain results that can lead to false alarms. By utilising motors within the beam head The Fire Beam can make commissioning a safer and more accurate procedure.
Our unique method of using high quality stepper motors allows us to make micro adjustments of just 1/40 of 1 degree to the beam head. This is automatically controlled by software which finds and continually monitors its position in relation to the reflector. A simple commissioning procedure ensures that you achieve perfect alignment every time and that your beam will keep that alignment.
Building movement is the enemy of beam detection, as the smallest movement of a building through heat changes or settlement will move a beam off its target (imagine a couple of degrees of movement in a 100m building). The Fire Beam will continually monitor any movement and re-align itself automatically.
Low level control means just that. Once you have the head in place and wired in, you can make any changes and adjustments you want from ground level. You can:
- commission the beam from ground level
- manually move the beam head
- view the air quality
- view the status of the beam
- change sensitivity thresholds
- change the time to fire and fault
- make the alarm latching or non-latching
- turn on and off the green flashing light
- see fire and fault counts
- see how much compensation has been made for dirt build up (you will only have to clean the head and reflector when it needs it)
- complete a self-test
- turn the beam on and off (it will reset itself after 8 hours)
- adjust output and receiver settings
- and even monitor the temperature at the beam head
Any Questions Please Ask.