An essential tool for testing 12V SLA batteries commonly used in fire and security systems.
Simulating a 20 hour discharge test in seconds, the ACT CHROME 12v SLA Intelligent Battery Tester displays the DC Voltage and available Ampere hour (Ah) capacity of standby lead acid batteries between 1.2Ah and 200Ah.
The ACT CHROME 12V SLA Battery Tester uses advanced pulsed load technology to deliver accurate DC Voltage and Ah capacity results based on the battery’s temperature and state of charge. A quick look up table on the side of the unit identifies when batteries should be recharged or replaced due to age or operating conditions (65% of rated capacity). A temperature sensitive strip allows the ambient temperature to also be recorded.
The ACT CHROME 12V SLA Battery Tester offers a simple and accurate solution for testing 12V SLA batteries commonly used in fire, security and many other electrical systems.
Quick Tip – Temperature effects capacity
- Many battery manufacturers rate their batteries at 20°C
- Below 20°C, the battery can have a significantly lower available capacity
- Over 20°C, the battery can have a significantly higher available capacity
- This can easily be as much as ±50% of the rated capacity
- Bear in mind the differences in temperature when testing – for example in an enclosure or next to a hot transformer (high than rated reading) or located externally / cold environment (lower than rated reading)
Quick Tip – State of charge effects capacity
- Most battery manufacturers rate their batteries at rest
- Charging voltages and currents have a direct impact on available capacity
- Bear in mind when testing batteries recently removed from charge
- Many new batteries are not fully charged when produced
Quick Tip – Connection effects results
- Always connect to clean battery terminals
- A tight grip around the battery tab terminals is essential for accurate readings
- Do not connect to high resistance bolts as this will produce low Ah results
- Where bolt connections are present, use the ACT 3532 Battery Terminal Connectors supplied with your ACT CHROME
- Operating Voltage 12VDC
- Reverse polarity protection diode
- Battery types 12V SLA (sealed lead acid)
- Battery sizes 1.2Ah - 200Ah
- Ah capacity test simulated 20 hour (C20) load test to 10.50VDC
- Ah result based on the battery under test temperature and state of charge
- Battery table recharge or replace battery when Ah capacity available falls below 65% of the battery`s stated capacity
- Display green LCD
- Dimensions H55mm x W100mm x D35mm
- Warranty 12 months